A quick heads-up about the 10th MET meeting in El Escorial (Madrid) on 30 October-1 November. The emphasis at MET meetings is on sharing knowledge and expertise among editors and translators who work into or with English. This year the theme is “Innovation and tradition: mining the human resource”.
Topics at the workshops and conference will include:
- Terminology searches on the Internet
- Corpus-guided decision-making
- Understanding practical statistics
- CAT tool interoperability for team work
- Grammar for native (and non-native) English linguists
- Mentoring models
- Machine translation – perspectives from experts and novices
METM14 will also be a place for networking, with interest-specific meal tables, a yoga session and a short walk in the Madrid mountains.
I went to the 9th MET meeting last year and was impressed by the friendly people and quality content. (Read my METM13 review here.) I’ll be going again this October as a listener and presenter, sharing my experience with Windows 8.
Why sign up now?
Two good reasons: Off-MetM places for the lunch/dinner groups are going fast, and the early registration price ends on 10 September.
See you there!